The next monthly meet is scheduled on Saturday, November 11th 2017 at 1500 IST.
Venue: Classroom No 1, Aerospace Engineering, Near Gajendra Circle, IIT Madras.
Link for the Map: http://bit.ly/iitm-aero
Talk schedule for the meet
Talk 1: Wayland for dummies
- Speaker: Mohan R
- Description: Talk about Display servers, X11 and where we are now
- Duration: 30 mins
- About Speaker : Mohan R, just another Linux User
Talk 2: VIM - Edit at the speed of thought
- Speaker: Sarath Srinivas
- Description: VIM is thought to be not so user-friendly. I will try in this talk to convince you why VIM makes editing fast at the speed of thought.
- Duration: 30 min
- About Speaker: Sarath Srinivas , Research Scholar, Physics dept. IIT Madras. A member of IITM-LUG.
Talk 3: Introduction to HA Proxy
- Speaker: Gopinath
- Description : How to use and configure HA Proxy (haproxy.org), the Reliable, High Performance TCP/HTTP Load Balancer
- Duration : 20 min
- About Speaker : Gopinath, Attended last ilugc meet for the first time. Like to share my experiences with HAProxy