The next monthly meet is scheduled on Saturday, December 9th 2017 at 1500 IST.
Venue: Classroom No 1, Aerospace Engineering, Near Gajendra Circle, IIT Madras.
Link for the Map: http://bit.ly/iitm-aero
Talk schedule for the meet
Talk 1: A simple programming workflow in emacs
- Speaker: Magesh Dhasayyan
- Description: Demonstrates a simple workflow showing one of the main reasons, why I started using emacs during my early days working on *NIX
- Duration: 20 mins
- About Yourself: I’m a Senior Software Developer at Duta (Chennai); fairly familiar with server-side application programming, been working on it for a few years now.
Talk 2: Introduction to Aerospike
- Speaker: Shakthi Kannan
- Description: Aerospike is a Free and Open Source distributed, key-value, NoSQL database that is optimized for SSDs. It is very useful for high performant, low latency, scalable applications. In this talk, I will introduce you to the basic architecture of Aerospike, its installation and usage.
- Duration: 1 hour
- About Speaker : Shakthi Kannan is a Free Software enthusiast who blogs at shakthimaan.com.
Talk 3: Introduction to Bitcoin
- Speaker: Sivakkumaran
- Description: what is Bitcoin ? Bitcoin future ? How to buy ?
- Duration: 45 mins
- About Yourself: Sivakkumaran, A veteran Bitcoin and crypto currency consultant